How to master a strong business headshot.
Don’t be fooled by the idea that a headshot isn’t needed or that it has no added benefit because you are wrong. When someone is looking at a public BUSINESS profile you want your photo to send your first impression because that is the first thing that people see when they are looking over your page. Headshots are simple enough but can also be a game changer with just a few out of place things. Make sure that when you sit down in that chair or stand up for that photo that you have followed a few key things.
- Do NOT choose an outfit that has bold patterns, animal print, or stripes.
- Do NOT wear too much jewelry or large pieces.
- Wear neutral but statement make up.
- Your clothing must fit properly; not too loose but not too tight.
- Get plenty of sleep before your photos so you look well rested.
- Don’t over indulge in alcohol prior to your photos.
- Show up on time.
- Pick a good photographer.
- Try different outfits.
- Choose colors that stand out but don’t over power you.
- Red and blues speak power.