Even though the study of music and its relationship with a persons well being and mentality has been a proven success measurement why is it that we still find in many office settings that companies don’t allow music or people have the notion that they can’t play music at all.
Music is much more than just notes on a paper. Music is a gateway and a tool for success.
What benefits does listening to music have?
1. Music can help reduce stress
2. Music helps you escape from your problems
3. Music can help motivate people to work harder
4. Music can help relieve symptoms of depression
5. Music can elevate one’s mood
6. Music can help improve cognitive performance
7. Music can help people perform better in high-pressure situations
8. Music can help reduce anxiety as much is a massage can
People seem to turn on the music to make the silence go away thinking that it is going to help pass the time but really what they are not understanding is how much it is actually helping them. We shouldn’t hold people back from getting that release that they need to help push targets that they have to meet.
We should let them turn up that dial so that they can become the most productive versions of themselves.
When you yourself are listening to music in the office or are welcoming your staff to listen to music in the office you should always follow common courtesy.
– Be mindful of the volume
– If playing music through speakers be conscious of your surroundings and music choice
– Don’t get so lost in the music that you are no longer present or aware
– If wearing headphones make sure that people can still grab your attention
” Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” – Pluto